AXSupport

Friday, January 27, 2006

AOC Files


As I'm sure many of you know, Axapta caches data on the local client in order to speed processing of requests. Well, many times in my job I've encountered situations where an AOC file has been determined to be the root cause of a serious issue. Many times that we have seen problem-PCs, they also have a large number of AOC files on the HDD. Naturally, we don't want to delete these, but it's always a good start on troubleshooting. And, just in case you didn't know, AOC files are stored under the Documents and Settings folder. Just do a search for *.aoc and make sure to include Hidden and System files. I've seen the size of these files jump up to 20 MB a piece...not a lot I know, but when you've got 100 of them on a PC...

Edit: Something I found just after I wrote this...Is Brandon George's little piece on it. It helps when you google "Axapta AOC".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home